How to upgrade SATADOM Firmware via LCM Framework
Objective: The objective will be to show you how to upgrade SATADOM via lifecycle manager (LCM) in prism element. If you have additional questions not answered in this how-to, please refer to LCM guide listed below.
Purpose: SATADOM upgrade via lifecycle manager (LCM) in Prism Element
Prism Element: https://PRISM_ELEMENT_URL:9440 (lite management tool)
Current SATADOM version: S670330N
Target SATADOM version: S740305N
1. Once you’ve ensured your upgrade path is supported by Nutanix, perform a Health Check (NCC) and ensure Data Resiliency (should be in GREEN and rebuild capacity should display YES) on the cluster before performing any upgrades\updates.
2. Log into Prism Element UI.
3. Ensure Data Resiliency status. You should see the green OK and rebuild capacity available should say YES.
4. Run NCC.
a. To understand more on running Nutanix Consistency Checks, click HERE.
5. Click on the DROP-DOWN ARROW to the right of the HOME tab on the top left of prism element UI.
6. Click on LCM.
7. Highlight INVENTORY and click PERFORM INVENTORY.
8. LCM framework will be upgraded during inventory execution.
9. Check the box below and click UPDATE:
10. Review the selected updates being applied and click NEXT.
11. Filled out the fields and click APPLY 1 UPDATES.
12. LCM will provide details, stage by stage.
13. Ensure Data Resiliency status. You should see the green OK and rebuild capacity available should say YES.
14. Lastly, run NCC checks to ensure there are no errors or failures.